From August 3rd until 7th, dozens of organizations, hundreds of volunteers and participants and thousands of visitors will give (the traditional) sport a podium. Fryslân welcomes at least 20 international teams with 50 traditional sports, 200 participants and tens of thousands of visitors. Together we see, feel and experience the passion for sports and exercise, especially for traditional sports. We enjoy them and have fun together. Everyone can participate, on his or her own level, that’s what it’s all about! #sportsforall
For some people, sporting or exercising is not self-evident. In 2018, we organize various short courses:
– Shuffleboard (German sport) for disabled and people over 65.
– Walking Football for over-60s.
– Disabled sailing for the handicapped.
– Judo, Karate, Ikkaido and Ji Jitsu for the handicapped.
– Skating for children from less-fortunate families.
– Cycling and walking activities for refugees and immigrants.
– Pahlavani (traditional Iranian sport) for refugees and immigrants.